Collection: ELITE Series Carbon Race Wheels
We have utilised a range of new technologies to build the ELITE series including:
- Computer-controlled carbon weaving to improve roundness, stability and strength while reducing defects.
- Diamond polishing treatment on the brake surface giving better braking in wet and dry conditions and increasing brake temperatures to 250 degrees.
- Dynamic Balance Treatment to offset valve/extender weight.
- CNC spoke hole drilling for straighter, stronger spokes
- Wet weather grooving in rim brake models for better wet weather braking.
ELITE wheelsets come with either the standard Outline logos or the stealthy Shadow logos. They are available to suit Rim or Disc brakes.
ELITE wheels are 26mm wide and have depths of 45mm, 55mm, 70mm & 80mm. (with the 55mm front and 80mm rear being our standard TT combo).
For most applications, our recommendation is to go with a 23mm tyre as this size gives the optimal aerodynamic advantage. Additionally, when using this set-up the tyre has a flatter radius when fitted and this gives slightly more road contact for better grip and a much more solid feel on the road without sideways tyre "bulge" movement.
ELITE series wheels feature the highest quality DT Swiss 240 Straightpull hubs.
TLR wheels are Clinchers with tubeless* tyre compatibility and can be purchased with an optional set of valve hole plugs should you wish to use tubeless tyres.
*tubeless = no tube in a clincher tyre as opposed to tubular.
FYI we can supply tubular style wheels in all sizes as a custom order and the R.45's are UCI certified as Tubulars and Clinchers.